Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Namaste away from me.

From Our Pal's site re: the Gawker coverage:


It's a motherfucker. It's gonna fuck your shit up big time.

Ready? Really ready? Here it is.

I am you.

OH SHIT!!!! THAT'S RIGHT!! NO WAY!!!!

I... am... you.

In every way. All the time. Without fail.

Anything you think, feel, say about me... is how you think, feel and speak about yourself. I know it's a little confusing so let me break it down and make it reeeeeeeeeeeeally simple.

If you were to say, something like, oh I don't know, "Eric Schaeffer is an asshole." What you're really saying is, "I'm an asshole."

If you were to saying something like, "Eric Schaeffer is talentless." What you're really saying is "I'm talentless." Getting the hang of it now? No? Still confused? Maybe if I give you an example in the positive, your mind will be able to grasp it. If you were to say something like, "Eric Schaeffer is awesome!" What you're really saying is, "I'm awesome!" If you were to say, "Eric Schaeffer is really talented. I love him." You would really be saying "I'm really talented. I love myself."




Snookypants? I'm pretty sure you're all conviced that you've made a Deep, Important, Philosophical Statement of which only the Exceptionally Enlightened and Stoned Liberal Arts Majors will fully grasp the awesome intensity, but you just sound like a ninny. Our experiences, motivations, assessments, actions and reactions are wholly individual, and huzzah for that! Yes, we as humans act in community, and as such we are all affected by each others' choices, but dude - seriously, just OWN your behavior, take responsibility, and don't let it spray all over the rest of us. What you've posted is essentially the long-winded version of "I'm rubber, and you're glue."

A brilliant paraphrasing by a dear friend of mine:



I will not get that last half-hour of my life back. I do not want
that to happen to you. So, to sum up his lengthy post...

Oh, there was a spike in traffic to my website. Hosting company
says it's Gawker. What is this Gawker thing? They must be great,
helping "fans" find my site. Gee. But maybe it's not all good.
Friends are alluding to that fact. What's a gent to do? I went to
yoga and got the answer. We all want to be happy and free. I want
to be happy and free and I want to help all people attain this. So
this is how I will respond: we are all one. Anything you think
about me reflects your own state of mind. So if you think I'm
great, that means you're great. If you think I'm an asshole,
you're the asshole. Oh, so Gawker sucks. The writers suck. They
couldn't get jobs anywhere else. It's like 7th grade. They're
anti-gay. All the girls who wrote in about me lied. Yes - all of
the lied and they all know it. And they're all pathetic, and the
fact that We Are All One is a hard pill to swallow so I will
compare this to sucking cock. Something about cesspools and
anguish, too. So read this quote by Mother Theresa and if you see
me on the stree or in yoga, please come say hi. Namaste.

2 comments:

Sondheim4eva said...

I'm sorry, but I am hooked on this guy. Not because he's charming or witty or insightful. Oh no. Because he's so completely oblivious to what his issues really are. Nothing makes me want to punch someone in the groin more than preachy spirituality. His "one with the universe" crap is a cover. It's what he uses to try and prove that he's "good" and all of us self-aware, non-clingy, non-stalking people are "bad." And he's so into his Yoga class, his time for meditation, he respects and loves it so much...that he uses that same class to meet women. I'm sorry, this guy and his ilk (both men and women) irk me to no end. It's everyone else that's at fault and they're the ones on the path to enlightenment. When, really, their spiritual enlightenment is just self-absorbtion and self-obsession.

Sex & Moxie
http://www.moxieblog.typepad.com

Unknown said...

MORE POSTS PLEASE!!!